This is another dish I cooked for dinner last weekend when my daughter was home for Thanksgiving break. This can’t be any easier with the slow cooker; just dump all the ingredients into the cooker, set it to low and stew it for 8 hours. Its another dish that I remember my sister used to cook for me back home.
- 1 lb pork spare ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 oz) package of medium firm tofu, cut into 3/4 in cubes
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 (12 oz) package of dried peanuts with skin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 stalks of green onions for garnish, chopped
- Dash of white pepper
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium pot. When water boils, add spareribs and bring it back to a boil over medium high heat. Drain and transfer the spareribs into the slow cooker. Discard the water.
- Refill the medium pot with 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add peanuts and boil for 3 minutes. The water will turn brown and cloudy, Drain and transfer the peanuts into the slow cooker.
- Add tofu cubes, garlic, salt, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, and 6 cups of boiling water.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to low and cook for 8 hours. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Dish into a bowl, and garnish with chopped green onions and dash of white pepper. Serve with steaming jasmine rice.