My daughter’s all-time favorite is Mushroom and Minced Meat Stir Fry . Scrambled Eggs with Glass Noodles is another of her favorite. I had to make it for her last weekend when she came home for the Thanksgiving break. So here is another simple, easy, and tasty dish that I hope she will cook when she moves out to the apartment next year. This is a dish I remember my sister used to cook for me back home.
- Two bundles of glass noodles
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Fried shallots for garnish
- Soak glass noodles in hot water for one minute until softened. Drain and snip it with scissors to shorter length.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat, fry minced garlic until it starts to turn brown.
- Add drained glass noodle and stir fry for a minute.
- Add eggs and scramble until the mixture is loose and dry; use the spatula to loosen the eggs and noodles if they start to clump together.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt, pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
- Fry for another minute and turn off heat.
- Transfer to a dish and serve hot. Garnish with fried shallots and dash of white pepper.