I love Tambuah Mas’ Tahu Telor, this is not the same texture, but close enough to satisfy my craving…
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
(A) Tofu and Egg Omelette
- 1 box of medium firm tofu, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts, blanched
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 red bird’s eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with salt and stir in the tofu cubes.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Pour in the egg and tofu mixture. Fry until dry on both sides and golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with shredded cucumber and blanched bean sprouts.
- Drizzle sauce over.
- Serve hot.