I was treated to a class at Mama Thai Cooking Club. One of the dishes we prepared was Thai Spring Rolls. I realized that using coconut oil to cook the ingredients really gives the spring rolls that special taste. Made this for the Flower theme Gourmet Club event.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 3
- 6 sheets of spring rolls skin (I buy the Spring Home brand from the Asian supermarket)
- 20 g glass noodle
- 1/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- 1 cup oil for deep frying
Chopped shrimp or ground chicken (optional)
- Soak the noodles in water to soften them, then cut into short lengths.
- Fry the garlic in the 1 tbsp of oil over low heat. When it turn brown, add the noodle, cabbage, bean sprouts, soy sauce, mushroom, and stir fry and mix well till it is cooked. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Spread out a spring roll sheet, placing a tablespoonful for filling in the middle, add carrots in the middle, fold ends over the filling and close.
- Deep fry the spring rolls in hot oil over medium low heat until crisp and golden brown, drain and serve hot.