(A) Chicken Cutlet
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenders, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp water and 1/2 tsp salt
(B) Vegetables and Fruits for Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/2 large yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large apple (I like to use Fuji apple), peeled and sliced
(C) Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp canola oil
To prepare Chicken Cutlet:
- Heat oil for deep frying in wok over medium high heat.
- Roll each breast tender in flour and coat evenly.
- Dip breast tender into egg mixture and roll generously in panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown, drain.
To prepare Sweet and Source Sauce:
- Combine (C) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add onions, red pepper, green pepper, and fry for a few minutes until the vegetable is a little charred.
- Add apple slices and stir fry for another minute.
- Stir sauce well from step 1 and pour into wok, heat until sauce boils.
- Serve hot over chicken cutlet.