- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 packs of Shirataki or Ramen Noodles (8 oz each)
- 2 small chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 piece of thumb size fresh ginger, minced, or use 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee minced ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, or use 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee minced garlic
- 6 small shallots, sliced thinly
- 1-2 red chillies, remove seeds and slice thinly
- half red/yellow/orange pepper, sliced
- 4 bunches of baby bok choy
- 8 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp rice cooking wine or sake
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- sliced green onions for garnish and sesame oil to finish
Ingredients for Chicken marinade:
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice cooking wine or sake
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp canola oil
1. Marinade chicken for at least 15 minutes.
2. Open and rinse noodles, boil the noodles for 1-2 minutes.Drain noodles and run the noodles under cold water to prevent further cooking. You want to undercook the noodles a little as they will be stir fried again with the rest of the ingredients. Drain well
3. Prepare and sliced shallots, mushrooms, chillies, and peppers. Have them ready and within reach.
4. Wash and prepare bok choy. Separate the leaves from the stems. Boil a pot of hot water, add a few drops of oil. Cook the stems until soft, for about 1 min. Add leaves and boil for another min, drain and set aside.
5. Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Heat oil until just the point of seeing it smoke.
6. Add half the shallots, ginger, chillies, and garlic to the oil. Fry until golden brown.
7. Add the chicken breast followed by the rice wine. Fry until almost fully cooked, for a couple of minutes. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl. Set aside.
8. Wipe the wok clean with paper towel.
9. Re-heat wok over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add remaining shallots, ginger, chillies, and garlic to the oil. Fry until golden brown.
10. Add shitake mushrooms and colored peppers, bok choy, and chicken. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
12. Add Shirataki/Ramen noodles, followed by soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Fry until fragrant, another couple minutes.
13. Serve immediately, garnish with green onions, and drizzle with sesame oil.